In mid-June Canada Post made some changes to their labels. There are still some outstanding issues:
- Printing the new labels – some libraries are having issues that the new label is cut off, make sure the label is set to print in “landscape” format.
- Postage amount is missing – they are working to fix this, you can contact me or Canada Post if you have a tracking number and are unsure about the required postage. The required postage amount is not stored in the barcode.
- Space for stamps is too small – their designers are working on this.
- Fourth line of some addresses are cut off – some fields are not passed through to the Return Label. This is not a new change and they believe that enough information is passed to get the book to the proper location. Please let us know if you have noticed this missing information and if it has caused any confusion.
- No weight on return label